Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

TEYO Inspired DIY Shirt


my DIY inspired by TEYO

striped tee from Target (old purchase) embellished with metallic lace (JoAnns)

lace hand-stitched at the collar line, the rest of the lace is hanging free
As you know two of my favorite subjects to blog about are fashion DIY and My Georgia series (where I tell you tid-bits about my home country of Georgia).  In this post I would like to combine two topics and introduce to you talented Georgian-born designer Teo Gardapkhadze and her brand TEYO.  I fell in love with TEYO's embellished striped sweater (which seems to pop up everywhere on Georgian and Russian fashion blogs) and made my own version by embellishing my old Target striped shirt with some metallic lace from JoAnns

Here is a photo of the original piece:
original sweater by TEYO
And here is the original worn by a beautiful Georgian blogger Merci Sulkhanishvili (below).  Check out her fashion blog MerciChic.

TEYO sweater worn with casual jeans by Merci Sulkhanishvili
floral headband by Teo Gurchiani



And finally, more looks from TEYO Fall 2012 collection shown at the Tbilisi Fashion Week last year. 





28 comments:

  1. you are so good in DIY stuff.. love your creativity and i think your sweater looks cooler than Teyos' one ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great! I love the gold trim over stripes!
    Thanks for stopping by my page! It's good to hear from you again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a comment, Very accurate and interesting DIY ! I've followed you, hope you follow back!;)
    http://ninasamarguliani.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Did you embroider that yourself? Amazing!
    http://www.lattesandlipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. No, it's a metallic lace I bought at JoAnns. Just hand stitched the lace around the collar. Thank you for following me.

      Delete
  8. You always have such fresh ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Muy bonita la original y también la tuya.
    Me gusta tu blog, pásate por el mio y si te gusta nos seguimos. Bss.
    http://atentamente-carmen.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carmen. I will check your blog. I had to use google translate to understand what you wrote :) What a wonderful age we live in.

      Delete
    2. Done. Besos.
      http://atentamente-carmen.blogspot.com.es/

      Delete
  10. This is great, Maya! Love the inspiration and your version.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maya! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I really like yours as well. Keep up the great work.

    Big hugs,

    Nina :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is pretty. i love it on the striped shirt, although i suppose you could do this on any kind of shirt! thanks for sharing this!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com
    mobilemorsels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like Stephanie said: you always have such fresh ideas!

    Lovely. I love what you did. This is one trend I'm loving - the kind of slouchy jumper, almost like a sweat shirt, over pencil skirts, jeans.. and I love that Teyo's work.

    So glad you're back - yes we all go thru stages, we can't live online. Real life is far more interesting!

    sending hugs across the pond xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you did a great job. I actually like your design even better.
    Daphne.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is something I really admire.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a good idea! Thanks for the tip ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow! Good job!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  18. love that shirt. so pretty!

    www.gulaabigirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Actually, I like your DIY version BETTER than the original!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...