Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Tara's Antique Mall (Part I)

Tara's Antique Mall is located at 120 North Main Street, Goodlettsville, Tennessee; phone 615-859-4331.
the shop owner Claude Bellar (right) and his assistant Nancy Pennington (left)
 A first time visitor to Music City once said how surprised she was to find out that Nashville was a great place for vintage shopping.  Not a surprising fact at all, if one knew of Tennessee's rich heritage.  There are lots of antique shops in Nashville and surrounding area, but Tara's Antique Mall is my favorite place that can satisfy anyone's craving for vintage whether you need a large piece of furniture or some nick-knack collectible.  All at the reasonable prices.  The shop owner, Mr. Claude, greets you from his rocking chair as you enter the shop (which by the way is open 7 days a week 9:00 to 6:00).  There are three levels in this shop all full of antique furniture, lamps, kitchenware, vintage tools, and even toys.  I took so many pictures during my last visit that I have to divide this post in two (Part II will follow tomorrow).  See if you can spot an antique coffee grinder in the photos below (hint: it's gigantic).  While I was browsing, I had a privilege of listening to the sweet music their tall Edison gramophone made (by the way, it's now sold).  If you ever visit Nashville, this store is a must see for any vintage lover or for anyone who wants to experience thrilling travel in time. 


the giant stand with wheels on both sides is an old fashioned coffee grinder (top row, center)


beautiful lamps and chandeliers





an impressive canopy bed and buffet sideboard

this bedroom suit just arrived and is not put together yet

dressers
collection of milk glass (my current obsession)

Coca-Cola bottles, milk bottles and of course Mason jars

Detroit Jewel stove that still works and old fashioned kitchenware

more kitchenware


Tomorrow I will be showing you the most exciting things (their vintage clothes and accessories). 

4 comments:

  1. This looks like one of those places where you could spend an entire afternoon. I bet Claude and Nancy have some great stories too. Also how awesome is it that they are open Saturday and Sunday? I always feel like I'm missing out on the best places being at work all week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you could spend an entire afternoon browsing there :) They have tons of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite antique shop in Nashville. Nancy and Claude are the absolute sweetest people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claude and Nancy have a great variety of things on three floors. They have a good eye for the antiques they purchase for their shop. I love this place.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...