Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Various

Nina and our puppy Louie

Just a quick post to show (off) some of my latest DIYs :)
The school has finally started last week and I painted Nina an apple shirt to match her mini-Boden apple skirt.  I painted free hand but you can make your own stencils using freezer paper or Contact Paper.




Also, here is another metallic Con-tact paper DIY of mine...  I got my roll of stainless steel Con-tact paper at my local HomeDepot, also available online here.  Thin strips of Con-Tact paper attached to the heels.  This is a "reversible" or temporary DIY which is even more appealing to me. 


thrifted black velvet slipper shoes with DIY metallic heels
J. Crew Janey flats $298

Dorothy Perkins $59



Several days ago I went for a walk with Louie (our puppy).  We live in a cul-de-sac and one end of our road ends at this area kids and I call "wilderness".  The area is mostly covered with brush and weeds but thankfully there is a walking trail. 

Louie leading the way

Can you spot five wild turkeys in this picture?

Broken but Still Standing.  Can you see the spider web as if supporting the broken stem?


8 comments:

  1. I love her outfit - so cute! And the shoes - very cool - I may need to do that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cutie. Love the apple touches and that last photo with the spider web is very cool.
    Daphne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is adorable! I'm going to have to get some stainless steal contact paper-- I love that it's removable. I bet it would make a fun back splash too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina and your dog are both gorgeous! All your creations are (as ever) truly inspirational! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes - I see the spider web and the turkeys. :)
    The t-shirt is adorable - as is your little girl. Doggie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the apple look, it's so cute !
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love your wilderness, I think I could spend the day exploring, especially with a poochy friend. Your metallic heel DIY is ingenious - very clever indeed and your apple and worm free-hand (!!!) paint work is amazing!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nina looks so cute and stylish.Really beautiful girl.
    Hope you are great.
    Kisses,
    Sophie and Anna

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...