Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

DIY: Rain Jacket Embellished with Scrapbooking Rain Drop Stickers

After several weeks of very dry weather it's finally raining here.  My old umbrella broke and while shopping for the new umbrella I somehow ended up with this clear rain jacket from Performance Bicycle

It's made with vinyl fabric and has mesh side panels.  The jacket is cute but a bit boring and was begging to be embellished.  I attached Cloud9 Rain Dots (5 packages) to the back and shoulders.  The dots are self-adhesive (actually they are from JoAnns scrapbooking section) but just to make sure I sealed each dot with clear nail polish.




here's my new rain jacket styled over snakeskin print shirt (the shirt is available on my Etsy)

7 comments:

  1. It looks GREAT with the snakeskin under it! That adds a whole other dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clear and the high low hem! What a great use of scrap booking supplies, you never know what you're going to find in that aisle. Looks like a great rainy day project :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update! Pretty raindrops on the rain jacket. And I agree is Sara, the scrapbooking aisle is a treasure trove!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea. They look like raindrops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So ingenious! It turned out great and it's super unique :D Quick question, is the adhesive permanent? I was wondering if I could embellish a bag or a shirt with that kind of sticker.

    http://yungstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I just left a comment on your blog answering your question. Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...