Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sporty Chic (Team USA)

raffia and mesh cap - buy it on Etsy
USA top - Limited (very old)
black maxi dress and shoes - Ross or TJ Maxx

My interpretation of sporty chic is about combining sporty items with the girly ones.  I like the look of the sporty top and black maxi dress. 



vintage sporty or travel bag - buy it HERE

vintage tennis bag - buy it on my Etsy SOLD

hubby's old baseball jersey
Also, mesh is associated with sporty trend. I found this fabulous black mesh and sequin poolside coverup (below) at Goodwill-brand new with tags.  I thought it could be used as a light jacket this summer.  I think it's beautiful.



As I mentioned above, the raffia and mesh cap is for sale on my Etsy.  One could add a personal touch to any blank baseball cap with having it embroidered or handpainted. 

my own cap with American flag (embroidered) and Georgian flag (handpainted)
Linking up with Real Momma, Real Style and ColorBlind:

Momma Go Round

Thrifters Anonymous

10 comments:

  1. Really Stylish mom :) Love it

    Kisses Sophie and Anna :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by. come visit anytime .
    chauss
    ckparis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. a long black knit dress like yours is really versatile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're a really cute mommy. I like your sporty look with a feminine touch. I think I have to learn to dress like that...I am a soccer and tennis mom, but not dressed like one though. ...my boys will be happy to see me dress so cool like you...;-)The vintage bags are so adorable. I am going to check out your shop. Thanks for dropping by to say HI! and helping me reach 500. Woopee! Have a wonderful week!
    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tennis bag brings back memories of my parents' tennis-playing days in the '70s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that first photo and great talent making a sweatshirt and a baseball cap look chic!

    I love the butterfly belt by the way. Haven't had a chance to style it yet but is super cute. Thank you.
    Daphne.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Maya! Mrs. Sporty Chick! ; )

    I have missed visiting here so much: I've been on a 'blog fast' for months now and after hearing from you I had to stop by (and Mrs. Odyssey is next ; )

    I love the yin/yang of this. And I agree: a long knitted maxi dress is the equivalent of say, ketchup, in terms of larder essentials in the kitchen. I have one - no idea where I got it, must be decades old by now - doesn't wrinkle, a kind of fine rib synthetic but surprisingly well made. And I love that bag. And your hubby's shirt! And that sheer hoodie. Now on to the eggplant caviar recipe... but first, a big hug from London!

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute
    love the wedges

    yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com
    Check out my GIVEAWAY - http://yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com/2012/04/200-followers-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, that vintage tennis bag is so cute!!! that would be so fun to have.

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...