Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

DIY Idea: Heels with Metallic Detail

Urban Outfitters black suede wedges (old) with DIY metallic detailed heel
Usually, I post DIY projects that I actually like AND wear.  I love reflective mirror or metallic heels but don't think could wear them in our little suburbia (so this DIY is temporary). The idea is so easy, you can complete it under five minutes!  I love using self-adhesive Contact Paper in my projects.  It adheres firmly with no residue after removing.  Just peel off Contact Paper in case you get tired of the look. 
All you need is Stainless Steel Con-Tact Paper from Home Depot (I got mine in our local HD for only $6 for a giant roll).   This is self-adhesive so you don't need any glue.  Just cut out desired shape and attach it to the heel or make a metall cap toe shoe following instructions on A Matter of Style.
Optional:  with metallic dimensional paint make small dots to resemble screws. 


I've used Contact Paper (or Con-Tact Paper) to make my color block purse and metallic tips on my cat-eye glasses (both projects still strong and unpeeled) as well as several other projects.

DIY metallic tips with Contact Paper

DIY color block purse with Contact Paper
Inspiration for my mirror detailed wedges came from:

Topshop Reflect Metallic Heel Sandal $120
photo from Shoetease...  Can anyone please ID this shoe???

7 comments:

  1. Great idea! :) I like that it's temporary, so you can always change the shape and have new look for the day!
    xx
    Nina Mia
    http://nina-mia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. so clever, great job, they look cool!! :D
    $8 a giant roll? Do you know that I paid $15 a metre?
    About the shoes I'm not 100% sure but I think they can be Jeffrey Campbell
    I remember they made several styles with the mirror wedges. This one below was a popular one:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MB5ANTRGDww/S7sZ-RNIPfI/AAAAAAAAAVw/lksSOh7ZNqc/s1600/jeffrey-campbell-black-clinic-wedge%5B1%5D.jpg
    They still can be found on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative are you?! Love this idea, especially how it can be applied to so many accessories. Will have to try this out :) Glad I could inspire you with my street style boot photo!

    xo ShoeTease

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so brilliant, I have been lusting after a pair of the YSL gold metallic heels for the past year.

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea ! It gives a futuristic touch to the shoes !!!
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! The possibilities are endless I really think I'm going to have to track down some of this stuff.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...