Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

DIY: Forget-Me-Knot string ring dipped in gold tutorial

Forget-me-knot ring, gold bar clutch, blue and brushed gold nails - all DIY

 This Forget-me-knot ring is inspired by Kiel Mead's design and also by string ring I saw on Pinterest but can't seem to get to the real source :(


All one needs is some cotton string or twine, liquid gold leaf, two paper clips for hanging, and clear nail polish.  Tie string around your finger and cut the ends off as shown above.  Dip the string ring into liquid leaf (gold or silver, or copper) and hang on paper clips to dry as shown below.  Repeat the process twice for extra shine.  After it's all dry, cover with a layer of clear nail polish.  By the way, the ring turned out quite sturdy.  I'm wearing it as I type.  It does not collapse as I take it off and put it back on.  It's not indestructible of course, but quite sturdy.






I've been obsessed with gold lately and could not resist thrifting these cute black flats with golden foil-like leafing detail to sell on my Etsy shop.  It's US size 7.  Please check it out.  $8.99 plus the shipping. 

these flats are available on my Etsy for $8.99,  US size 7
p.s.
Gold bar clutch and nails DIY tutorial coming up soon.

 

17 comments:

  1. Ok, I have been wanting a bow ring for some time but did not want pay mucho $$$ for it. I am so doing this... soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori! You can purchase liquid gold leaf at any craft store (I got mine at Walmart actually). This was so easy. Looks quite real too. Hope it will last for long :) So far so good.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that wee ring is ingenious. Have to say that gold anything makes the day go better! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha-ha-ha, Jody! After huge knuckle rings this little delicate one is kind of refreshing. Have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  3. love the ring! super cool :)

    xx
    Yvette

    Come join my give-away!
    www.afashionhouseofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing it with me! And I love what you did with the shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gold, gold, gold !!!! I'm obsessed with gold these days ! Your DIY are awesome !!!
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a unique idea!!! Love it! Thanks for linking up this week :)

    Kara
    www.mineforthemaking.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. maya, i LOVE the gold knot ring! i've been loving thin dainty rings but can't find any in my size (that are affordable)! this is a great idea!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg! Love! I have been going crazy trying to find a diy for this ring! They are so expensive to buy and i knew i could find a diy for it somehow without dealing with pokey wires! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. The ring is still in good shape. I think later I've discovered Martha Stewart has similar diy for rope bracelets. Hope to see you back on my blog.
      xx
      maya

      Delete
  9. With BullionVault you can acquire physical precious metals by the gram at current market prices.

    Create your free account today and get 4 g's of free silver as a joining bonus.

    ReplyDelete

  10. These rings will come in the form of the Claddagh design, the Celtic Knot or spirals.
    The exact meaning of the Celtic knot rings has not been widely recorded; however the most common meanings are love, unity and infinity.
    For more information: knot rings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi admin,
    I browse your website, its very impressive, I love it.
    I have collectively this connected website.
    Celtic engagement rings supply a singular vogue and temperament that cannot be found on alternative fashionable ring styles. Celtic rings contain terribly ornate and delightful, Byzantine styles that symbolize commitment and love.
    you can see here for lots of information: knot rings
    Best Regards
    Elizabeth Mary

    ReplyDelete


  12. Hi admin,
    I read your blog,I really like it.which is abouot knot rings.
    unending knots that represent the ties between two lovers.
    Most inscriptions consist of personal names and many Irish jewelers will inscribe a ring with the name or message of the customers choice.
    knot rings

    Thanks,

    uzzal

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...