Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DIY: Neon Detail Painted Wooden Bangles Tutorial

Wooden bangles + neon acrylic paint = cute neon accented bangles.


Supplies needed:
wooden bangle(s) - my wooden geometric bangles are from Joann's; last year's purchase
acrylic neon paint and brush
masking tape
Mod Podge or Clear Acrylic Sealant spray

apply masking tape
apply neon paint (2-3 layers), allow to dry, apply a coat of Mod Podge to seal





Inspiration: ASOS Angular Wooden Bangle with Neon Perspex Panel


p.s.
I actually "made" these bangles last May (around the same time I painted my neon soles) but just now have discovered old photos of step by step instructions.  You can view how I styled them here.

Featured on Chic Steals:

DIY Links of the Week 2.20   3.4.12

11 comments:

  1. Thanks Maya.. nice to read you!!! I had a look on your blog!!! pretty fantastic!!! can't way to see your diy!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was missing your fabulous DIY, my dear Maya.
    I am so glad to see you back.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabuloso - I'm so glad to see you fantastic DIY back as well. It's wonderful how wooden bracelets go with anything and these are just so modern

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great idea, looks really awesome!

    xx Daisy

    -> MY BLOG <-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea! I should try this out! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. another fabulous and simple DIY. i think they turned out beautifully.

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  7. super nice!
    I'm too after some nice wooden bangles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, I'm so glad you're back! Second, I love this! Anything neon is calling my name right now, but the combination of the neon plus wood is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...