Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Valentine's Hearts Tee Ideas Anyone Can Do

Project 1: Easy Ruffled Heart Tee (no sewing machine required)

I can't sew but that did not stop me from making this ruffled heart design for a friend's daughter :) 


What you'll need:
solid or striped tee or dress preferably cotton
about a yard of flower ruffle trim - like this one from JoAnn's 
pencil or fabric marker
heart shaped cookie cutter - optional
needle and thread
Outline your design with a pencil or fabric marker (I just traced cookie cutter).  Start hand-stitching your trimming to the shirt starting from the outer edge going to the middle. 


Project 2: Pastel Hearts Stamped on Fabric (using fabric paint).

I made my own stamp from a rubber eraser and hot-glued it to a fat marker end.  You can just purchase one from this lovely Etsy shop.
You'll need a blank shirt or a dress in white or light color (the one in the photo below came from Walmart). 
Using 3-4 pastel fabric paints start stamping away.  To mix your own pastel colors just add white paint to any regular color.  For example to make pastel pink, mix white and pink colors together. 

 use foil, wax paper or smooth plastic place-mat sliding it inside the dress for protection


When the design is dry heat set with iron using wax paper on top of painted areas for 30 seconds. 


Project 3: Using Paper Doily
Using paper doily as a stencil make your own "lace" heart design with fabric paint.  When dry, don't forget to heat set.  See more thorough instructions in my previous post.

5 comments:

  1. The one with the black heart is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome time saver with the ruffle trim.

    Thanks also for the personal thank you card. That was so nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make it look so easy! I'm especially impressed by the doily stencil - SO effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first top!  Such a great idea...I bet Vyla could totally rock one if I made it for her!...Maybe I could rock one too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...