Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

DIY: Glitter Cowboy Boots


Bought these genuine leather cowgirl boots for my daughter for $6 (Goodwill).   There were already beautiful but black leather just did not match Nina's girly character.  Pink would've been so cute, but I did not want to dye them myself.  So took the easier road of turning these into glitter boots.  Nina loves them!

jumbo multi-colored glitter from JoAnns, Mod-Podge, large brush, masking tape and plastic container (not pictured)

in a container mix Mod-Podge and glitter (about 1:1 ratio)

tape off the soles and apply your first layer

let it dry 40 min to 1 hr

apply your second layer, let it dry as well and then apply just Mod-Podge alone to seal


15 comments:

  1. I love them!! I almost never go to goodwill -I think I need to start going more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love the glitter color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look amazing on your little girl.
    She loves them I am sure, I know my daughter would.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing, sparkly uggs boots fashion style in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This article is very good, and I also really like sequined uggs very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good use of glitter. I've been fooling around with glitter as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Honey, can you send me your snail mail address to bromeliad living at gmail dot com? I'm going to send you some glitter paint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is very interesting, I like it very much, you can welcome to have a look uggs sparkle, I hope you will like it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I very like your article, It very interesting, you can welcome to visit my shop,Mysequin uggs,sequined uggs,uggs sparkle there are many cheap discount, I hope you will be interested in, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your site, I have learnt a lot of knowledge, your site is great, I hope you can visit my sequin uggs , I am very happy to learn a lot of knowledge from your site

    ReplyDelete
  11. The womens sparkly ugg boots is a stylish and glittery take on one of our most famous boots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this article, cheap sparkle uggs give us a better life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, she looks so cute! I bet she loved her new boots, I know I would in her age))
    Great DIY, thank you) I'm really thinking about making myself a pair of glittery heels,using yiur idea)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...