Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My Georgia: Oleg Timchenko's Paintings

Angel (source)
 I am so excited to be able to attend Oleg Timchenko's exhibition in New York on Thursday!!  I am leaving tomorrow and will be back on Sunday.  More photos coming after the trip.
The exhibition is called Come Together and is held at the Art Bazaar in New York (175 7th Ave, N.Y. Corner of 20th Str.)
If you are in New York area from October 25 through November 6 please try to see this.  I am traveling all the way from Tennessee to New York just to see Oleg's works.  They are brought from the country of Georgia (the artist's birthplace). 

Guardian (source)

Nude, courtesy of Hans Buhr

Red Box Full of Jewels (source)

Ophelia (source)

photo courtesy of Hans Buhr

photo courtesy of Hans Buhr

12 comments:

  1. fascinating work! some of these remind me of old fashioned paper dolls. really lovely pieces here, maya.
    i know you'll have a great time in NYC. (and no, unfortunately i won't be in NY anytime soon...i wish!)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maya, these are wonderful! I like what Stephanie said, that they remind her of paper dolls. What is the scale? What I love is that he has the elements, the ingredients, of traditional Georgian imagery - but it's like modern cuisine, using those elements in a new way.

    Have a safe and wonderful trip! My old home town. I'll be with you in spirit - and I will definitely tell my friends in NY about this. In fact.. I know what I"ll do, I"ll find a way (I hope) to share the link with the NY friends who have facebook, and email it to others.

    Thank you for sending the link and have a great time in NY!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of the Sphinx!

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ! I love the sphinx !
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible layered and rich - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful.
    have a great time and tell us all about it.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I found your blog on the Cotton and Curls refashion nation and I love it!
    Hope your having a good day =)
    http://shannonolson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these works are stunning. What beautiful and interesting pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow -this work looks pretty extraordinary - I can see why you're traveling to see the exhibition. Hope you had a wonderful time there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning! happy thanksgiving!


    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that you are ok, even if you are not blogging.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...