Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fit for The Snow Maiden

gifted scarf with a flower pin, thrifted perforated leather jacket

gifted scarf, thrifted white leather jacket
The other day I received a package from Kiev from beautiful Marina of Antares: Alpha Scorpii blog.  She has crocheted this gorgeous mohair blend scarf for me which is fit for Snegurochka* herself.  I don't think words are needed here as you can see for yourself from photos above how much I love the gift and can't wait to wear it when it gets cold.  Thanks so much Marina!

click for source here
click for source here
Snegurochka by Vasnetsov
source

*Snegurochka (The Snow Maiden) is the granddaughter and helper of Ded Moroz (Grandfather Frost or Russian Santa).   She is usually portrayed wearing white, sky-blue and silver or gold. According to Wikipedia:

Snegurochka yearns for the companionship of mortal humans. She grows to like a shepherd named Lel, but her heart is unable to know love. Her mother takes pity and gives her this ability, but as soon as she falls in love, her heart warms up and she melts.

p.s.
I am trying to give my blog a little face-lift and it is taking me much longer than I want (since I'm so technically challenged).  So there was no My Georgia post yesterday, but I promise I'll continue these in a bit different way soon.

6 comments:

  1. Your blog is looking sooooooo good; maya.
    I enjoy it more and more every day.
    Besos.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a funny transition of styling. love the sweater!

    FRASSY

    www.befrassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I like perforated leather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so, so happy that you liked it))) I never actually thought about it until you wrote me, but now i totally agree - it'd definitely an accessory for Snegurochka) It should look really good with your beautiful dark hair)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful things you have. And I would like to find your thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I just discovered your beautiful blog and I love it! You're an artist!
    I also do DIY .... I leave the link to have a look!

    http://www.desdetenerifeconamor.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...