Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

DIY: Fall Inspired Jewelry Organizer

This is an easy and fun Fall inspired project.  I picked up these branches while walking my dog in the nearby park.  To sterilize wood you can actually bake it in the oven at 250F for about 30 min (I did not do this, but have baked drift wood in the past for our hermit crab).  Also, you can spray-paint branches if desired.  For the container, pick something that has a relatively wide base and is not breakable (just in case your project tilts).  To make this stable fill your container with glass vase fillers or small river rocks (I already had glass vase fillers).


I will definitely have to show you more of my stars and the moon necklace (above).  It is so much like Dolce and Gabbana AW2011 star prints.  I found this amazing celestial necklace at my favorite local antiques shop for only $2 or $3 several weeks ago. 
DIY hardware bracelet
The pumpkin bracelet holder was just a joke at first, but then I thought why not?!  Small pumpkin with a long stem = instant natural bracelet holder.

7 comments:

  1. Most inspiring, Maya.
    Besos.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need one! I have never thought about a stuff like this...great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love how you've presented them. The hardware bangle is my favourite. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Beautiful and functional - I love it!

    North Meets South

    ReplyDelete
  5. That works.

    I made a "spring" themed one a few years ago with floral brooches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Maya, I love this! But also: this is so spooky, really. I'm in the middle of a post on my friends Lucie & Lachlan's travelling store - the Vagabond Vans - and because I have so many photos that I don't know how to fit into one post, I got overwhelmed and impulsively clicked on you to come say hi. To rest, to visit, to take a little break.

    Wait til you see the photos.. that's all I can say! BRILLIANT. And so on the Vagabond Van page.

    Have a lovely weekend Maya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful DIY ! I love the bracelet on the last picture !
    http://selenite.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...