Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Bright Blue Dress + "Voodoo" Accessories

 
bright blue dress - thrifted
black suede booties - DSW (one of my birthday purchases)
tribal clutch - Target
beaded necklaces, ribcage necklace - Target
Mexican Sugar Skull earrings - DIY
blue bungee cord bracelet - DIY



October is a great month to check out your local Target, Walmart, Kmart etc. for funky accessories.  I bought my ribcage necklace and skull earrings at Target (they had all kinds of spooky jewelry in their Halloween section).  The earrings originally were silver, but I spray-painted them white and decorated with acrylic paint to resemble Mexican sugar skulls.
My kids are on their Fall Break from school, so I will probably not be posting this week much...



here is a cheesy shot of my new highlights ;)

 Thrifters Anonymous



Meet Virginia Design

12 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous in blue, and those boots should be mine, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I have been looking for the right blue boots for ages.
    Besossssssssssss
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is absolutely the type of stuff i love to thrift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look amazing in color...vibrant and radiant.
    the ribcage necklace is crazy-fun! don't you just love target?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shade of blue looks fa-bu-lous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beads are a nice combo with that blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would wear that necklace all year long (and that dress-LOVE that color, especially on you and with the bright accessories)! Also, your boots are super cute and look pretty comfortable too. Don't you love DSW? Even though there isn't one where I live, I've found so many great shoes on their website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely beautiful. and that color is amazing ... Love the rib cage necklace..
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty color!!! Really love your necklaces too! I need to try DSW..I'm such a thrifty head I get mad at prices sometimes..but they really do have great deals!!! Thank you so much for linking up!!!! Can't wait to see more of your thrifty finds!!!

    Shana
    ColorBlind
    Thrifters Anonymous Monday Link Up
    New Day, New Shoes Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe it!Day s ago I made the same thing with a skull of an old bracialet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Anonymous,

    Cool. Great minds think alike? I love colorful Mexican Sugar Skulls.
    Welcome to my blog.
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair looks great, and this blue is superb on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great dress! I always love blue on brunettes - looks amazing!
    I really need to try and do a pair of scull earings too - I've been fascinated by Mexican sugar sculls for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...