Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

What's in a Zig-zag?

handmade family heirloom
What's in a name? that which we call Missoni
By any other name would look as sweet;

I know, I know.  I'm so cheesy.  Trying to stay clear away from Target these days, so that I won't buy anything Missoni.  My closet is full of clothes and shoes and I would not know where to put any new stuff.  

Missoni-like zig-zag maxi skirt - thrifted last year
mustard tee - Elle, Kohl's, old
zig-zag ballet flats - from Rack Room Shoes by X-Appeal from 2009
Turkish carpet bag - gift

Can you notice tiny golden zig-zag detail on these shoes?
zig-zag top from Target by Xhilaration, from 2009
black, white and gray zig-zag top by New York and Co. - thrifted, last year
black pleated skirt - thrifted, a few days ago

p.s.
The blanket in the first photo...  I spotted it in my MIL's garage last year and asked if I could keep it (she was going to donate it to Goodwill).  It's handmade by my husband's grand-aunt Estelle who passed away two years ago.  I loved the colors in it and am so glad it's staying in the family.

4 comments:

  1. I was talking to my daughter today, about the Missoni Target madness.
    How fabulous of you to agree with us, and find much more interesting pieces in that 70s style so close to you.
    You are so lovely,Maya.
    have a grand weekend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blanket is wonderful.
    I popped over to Target's website to check out the Missoni and, like many others, found it completely crashed. Thanks for reminding me that Missoni-like prints are available far and wide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you kept that blanket! come to think of it, we used to have a similar one...used to be a family favorite....wonder where it went!!

    [oomph.]
    Blogaversary Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your thrifted maxi skirt! And glad you saved the throw. It needs to be with the family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...