Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Georgia Monday: Lazy Cook's Khachapuri Recipe


Khachapuri is a Georgian cheese bread appetizer which unfortunately is also my comfort food (no wonder I keep gaining weight).  The real Georgian Khachapuri recipes can be found online.  This is my own version (or lazy cook's version)...

Ingredients:
President 8 oz Camembert cheese round
8 oz can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (Original or any other variety)

Directions:
Cover a round pizza pan with foil (optional) and spray with cooking spray.  Open a can of Crescent Rolls and lay the dough flat directly onto the pizza pan.  Pinch small triangles together to make one piece layer.  Place the cheese round in the middle of the dough and gather it all around and pinch together to make a round cheese bread.  Cook according to the Crescent Rolls directions (15-20 mins at 375F).

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delish - I make something similar with Brie, brown sugar, almonds and pastry dough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Хачапури is one of my favorite things to eat)) My mum makes them so delicious everyone immediately ask for the recipe))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so ridiculous. There's such a thing as being too lazy. Perhaps this is tasty, but you can't call it khachapuri!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...