Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Prada-like Snakeskin Coat

Prada A/W 2011 (photo source)
My Goodwill find - genuine leather, snakeskin print Liz Claiborne coat, size L


Yesterday morning I was commenting on some of the fab blogs out there who were reporting on A/W2011 snakeskin trend.  Then, went on my own business which included a quick stop at Goodwill for a return.  Guess what I saw there (and, yes I HAD to buy).  A beautiful Liz Claiborne genuine leather snakeskin print coat!!!  Snatch it from my Etsy before I decide to keep it!  Selling for $40.  Contact me by email if you're an International buyer. 
EDIT:  I DECIDED TO KEEP THE COAT!

All this snakeskin lacks is a psychedelic fox fur collar.  Preferably in green.  I checked Ebay and there it was: a green genuine fox collar, what do you know!


Green Fox Collar on Ebay

Versace A/W 2011  (photo source)

Gucci  A/W 2011 (photo source)


14 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely post! Well done
    Check my blog:
    www.darkwingscity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good hunt. Fabulous!!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find at goodwill - well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maya, you've got to DIY this and keep it yourself!
    I didn't know about the AW2011 snakeskin trend...Shows how much I pay attention!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Maya...you have the talent...DIY and keep it...what a fabulous piece to own!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing find!! great work. You will probably decide to keep it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you've decided to keep it. Now make yourself a DIY green fuzzy collar and you're set! (Though the coat is fine with no embellishment, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when things like that happen! seems destiny:) loving snakeskin this season :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep looking at these coats and thinking how beautiful they are, then I try to imagine myself wearing them, and the grocery store keeps coming to mind! Ha ha! I don't think I can pull it off, but if you wear your new creation to the grocery store, please take a picture for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you love when you find something you've really wanted at Goodwill without having to search for months? It rarely happens, but boy is it nice when it does :)

    I'm looking forward to seeing your coat with the fur added!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've rescently bought a pair of heels in faux snakeskin (I don't wear genuine leather) - I've been looking for nude shoes for a while, and snakeskin is a great bonus))
    This coat looks amazing, that's what I love about thrifting))

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found the exact coat at my Goodwill in LA for $11. It was a green tag special. Wow, the fur collar is a great idea. Cant wait til it gets cold.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anonymous. Welcome to my blog. I ordered my green fur collar. It's shipping from Canada, so I don't have it yet. I'm not sure how I'm gonna wear my snakeskin coat here in "suburbia" (especially with a fur collar??) but I'm sure in LA you could easily do that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...