Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

My Georgia Monday: Spinach Dip Recipe

Do you like spinach dip served in many American restaurants?  If so, you might also like an easier and healthier version with yogurt (instead of mayo and sour cream or cheese).  This recipe is based on Darra Goldstein's Spinach with Yogurt recipe from her cookbook The Georgian Feast.  In Georgia, we serve this as a side item, but I thought it would make a healthy spinach dip as well.

1 lb spinach
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
1 garlic clove
pinch of salt
1 cup plain yogurt (I highly recommend Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt)

Wash the spinach and cook it, covered, for 5 min.  Drain thoroughly.  With your hands, squeeze out any excess moisture, then mince.

In a small food processor, mix cilantro leaves, garlic, and salt.  Add yogurt and mix well.



And finally, stir in the spinach. Best if served at room temperature or chilled.  Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I am sooooooooooooo hungry now.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most simple recipe for spinach dip I have seen and it sounds delicious...I am going to give it a try this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! I love spinach dip, or just about any kind of dip really, but I had no idea this was so easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love spinach dip and this looks yummy - not to be maudlin but I even came across the gravesite of the creator of Pop Eye in Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...