Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

DIY: Hand-drawn Canvas Tote Bag or Canvas Pouch


There are so many ways to customize a canvas bag.  Presently, I'm loving simple hand-drawn designs or even cheesy sayings written on them.  For this DIY I highly recommend new Stained by Sharpie fabric markers (I tried some other fabric marker and did not like it).  Stained by Sharpie has a brush tip and is easy to use on a rough canvas.  I look forward to using these more for some other DIY projects.  I bought mine at Walmart.
All you need for this project is a canvas tote/bag/pouch and a black Stained by Sharpie fabric marker.  My canvas pouch came from Hobby Lobby $1.99.


My vintage Clinique cosmetic bag served as an inspiration for this design.  First, I drew with a pencil (optional), then traced with a black fabric Sharpie.


You could also draw your favorite designer bag such as Chanel or Hermes Kelly Bag.  Or write something cheesy like: "my other bags are Prada"  or "I'm Not a Self-Important Canvas Tote".


photo source

photo source

Or design an image and do a silhouette:

photo source
photo source
Cafepress
For more tote bag customization ideas check Chic-Steals and P.S. I Made This.

5 comments:

  1. really well made, it remainds me of Roberta Di Camerino design who has a big collection of trompe l'oeil bags and dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you liked her, I can't wait to see where inspiration will take you!
    Trompe l'oeil is fun and surprising! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love painting totes, but I usually use acrylic paint)))

    http://tri-skelos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...