Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

DIY: Fanny Pack Inspired by I Spy DIY


When I read Jenny's post on how to DIY a DVF-inspired waist bag, I immediately knew I had a perfect pouch I could DIY into a fanny pack!  It's a thrifted red Clinique cosmetic pouch and the design on it looks like hand-drawn lines.  My thrifted pouch already had two strong loops (one on each side), so all I needed to purchase was a linky belt (or plastic white chain like this would've worked as well) and two carabiners.

supplies: a pouch with side loops, linky belt, two carabiners
Link it all up...



and wear it as a funky shoulder bag...

...or as a handy fanny pack ;)

If your pouch does not already have loops make your own loops by following Jenni's instructions here.  Do it yourself and improvise!
Here's an interesting WSJ article With Fanny Packs on the Runway, Can Mom Jeans Be Far Behind?

10 comments:

  1. I cannot get over how good you are, Maya.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! who would have thought fanny packs were ever going to be "in" but I've been seeing them everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute purse. Love the chain strap.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHH, the design of the purse is great. The white print makes it really classy. You must be so lucky to always find such beautiful things!
    xoxo
    sonja

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your DIY posts! This is so stinking cool. Love the little drawn lines on the pouch... you've got me wishing I had held onto all those free makeup bags I've been given! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the white chain with the white trim on the bag... very crisp looking! Do the carabiners show?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there to every one, itís actually a fastidious
    for me to visit this website, it includes valuable
    Information.

    my web site - This Internet page

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your payments will not only get to you faster but it will
    provide you with a history of your earnings for your records.
    You have to find a way to take the tips you learn and make maximum use of them.
    These tips are followed by every pregnant woman all around
    the world but remember whatever you do, you should first check with your gynecologist so that there is no complication
    in your pregnancy.

    My blog post ... similar site

    ReplyDelete
  9. People sometimes tend to think, “if only I were a celebrity, everything would be better”.
    Stay connected with for the latest tit-bits of pick me
    up news and cool celebrity pictures. This is why the said Albanian gossip thashetheme celebrity news blog page is written in Albanian
    '.

    Here is my page cls222.kostanye.ru

    ReplyDelete
  10. " Forum Threads " Blog Comments " Corporate Blogging " Social Network Profiles
    " Link Baiting. Stay connected with for the latest tit-bits of pick me up news and cool celebrity pictures. However, today, the wedding photographers capture photographs of moments that are precious and that you would cherish all your life; and, when you least expects the wedding photographer to capture you.

    Review my website; sonytube.me

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...