Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

I'm back!

Hi there!  Thank you so much to all who commented on my last post. 
I had several personal goals to achieve while I was on my "vacation" from blogging.  I feel I'm a bit more organized now.  As far as my health goes... it's still the same.  Still trying to learn how to live a normal life coping with pain, pills and side effects...
Yesterday, Mom and I took the kids to the Historic Rock Castle here in Hendersonville, Tn.  Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take photos inside.  If you live in the area and have elementary school age kids, you might consider taking a tour (free admission for children under 6, $4 for children 6-12, adult admission is $6).

 
Daniel Smith's home built in 1780's


a heart shaped hole in a tree trunk we spotted on the property


all striped outfit:
striped top - Target (last year)
blue tie-dye skirt - Walmart dress worn as a skirt, also posted here
bracelet - Stein Mart
necklace - DIY, click for tutorial here




nails - Finger Paints' Blank Canvas Cream

Miranda Lambert's video for her White Liar was taken here, at the Castle.

11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are back! I can't imagine how hard it is to cope with pain, pills, and side effects, but please know there are people that care about you and are wishing nothing but the best for you! I love your outfit, and I too wear those short tube dresses as skirts!!
    xoxo
    Lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a cool, trendy mom on your site seeing trip! Welcome Back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no, Maya, what was wrong? I was away, too - I haven't been on anyone's blog, or very quickly and randomly, in about a month. We were in the countryside and I couldn't get internet... what happened? Whatever it was, I'm so glad you're back, and hope you're all better.

    It's strange.. I was thinking of you a lot while I was offline, and meaning to write. Little things.. like I've been really into beets, roasted them and have been making all kinds of Georgian type salads, with dill and onion.. anyway I love your happy blue stripes on stripes and your daughter looks so sweet and you look great, happy. How strange that I happened to stop by the day you're posting again!

    Big hug from across the sea. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You are back! You are a welcome sight, although I am sorry for your health issues. you look lovely as ever though!!

    http://southerncomfortga.blogspot.com/2011/06/spring-closest-clean-out.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay you are back!! I love that nail polish.. And you look beautiful!!
    Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are feeling more on top of things! Hope your health improves soon. It must be so emotionally and physically debilitating to be in constant pain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to see you back. You look so beautiful. I'm sad to hear you are still suffering but i'm proud to see it's not knocking you down. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back. So sorry about your health/pain.
    You look great though. Love the mix of wide and thin stripes. Very cool.

    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. welcome back. sorry to hear the pain is still with you. you look great...i have an all stripes outfit posting soon, too!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...