Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

DIY: painted shoe soles tutorial

As I mentioned before my neon soled shoe DIY was similar to my red soled Louboutins project

What I used:
Forever 21 peep-toe lace-ups (actually, I also updated the original laces with a ribbon from Michael's)
Neon Yellow acrylic craft paint by Plaid from Walmart (you can add a little bit of bright green to this mix)
Mod-Podge (I used Hard Coat finish)
medium or large flat crafter's brush

I painted the soles in 3 layers of neon paint (letting it dry in between).  Then, sealed the deal with a coat of Mod-Podge.  That's it!  Have fun!


 2-3 layers of acrylic paint

a layer of Mod-Podge (Mod-Podge will dry clear)



And in case you're wondering how my red soled Louboutins are holding up, here is a current picture (granted, as a busy Soccer Mom I don't wear them too often of course, plus I have to drive everywhere): 

 click here for the tutorial



I was so excited when I got my first International order on my little Etsy shop (Georgia Blue Boutique).  This adorable faux snake skin purse was shipped all the way to Australia this week!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for the etsy order!! really love this idea of the neutrals and neon soles.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your sale, and thank you for your tutorials. You are the best, Maya.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooow The shoes are georgeous!
    I have to try this out.

    Thank you very much for your comment. I really wish i could wear my dad's pants but they are a way too big for me, unfortunately.

    Hope to see more of yor shoe DIYs!

    xoxo
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...