Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

DIY: armor knuckle ring out of elbow pipe connector from Lowe's



Perhaps you  remember my obsession with knuckle ring DIY's here and here?  Well, those were easy in comparison with this one.  I had to cheat and ask my Dad to help me with this one.  We started out with a copper 45 degree 1/2" elbow pipe connector from Lowe's for $1.60...

45 degree elbow 1/2" pipe connector from Lowe's

Sorry, since my Dad basically made me this ring I don't have step by step photos.  I drew with a sharpie where I wanted him to cut and he did it for me using his little tool-bench in his garage.  However, I did try to make it more my own by painting the ring.  More photos coming tomorrow (the photos of how I painted this copper ring into another metallic finish).
Are you into hardware jewelry?


With so many amazing DIY blogs out there, I'm sure someone has already tried this before.  Please let me know if you're aware of any, and I'll link up.  Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back - and another fantastic idea from you. Love coming to your blog as its completely and utterly original...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been away, but now I am back and very glad to see you blogging again, and doing your wonderful DIY.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. neat idea...there's so many cool pieces you can make with hardware! next stop: hardware store!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow Maya!!! This is beyond amazing, and I really need one!!! How did your dad do this????
    xoxo
    Lia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome! I wish I had the right tools

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...