Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

caramel shorts and black stripes (plus embellished straw purse DIY)


 Marie Claire/ May 2011 p. 70

i find it difficult to identify  the color of my shorts below.  it's not mustard, it's not camel; i guess i could say it's caramel?




striped tee - old from F21
black cardi - old 
caramel shorts - thrifted from Goodwill
espadrille wedges - thrifted from Goodwill (Target brand)
straw purse - thrifted from Goodwill with DIY embellishment
straw hat - Walmart from several years ago


earrings - thrifted from Goodwill
tribal necklace - Gay Boyer, thrifted from a local antiques shop for $2-3
bracelet - old from F21
rings - last year's from Target

about the necklace...  i had no idea what Gay Boyer was, but i just discovered that's the maker of my tribal necklace (above) purchased last year and seen here.

about the straw purse...  thrifted last year from Goodwill for $1 (brand new with original tags on it) and also, seen in this post...  just needed a little something to make it my own. 

black felt flower pin - Walmart
5"x5" piece of craft felt in black






embellishmet hand-stitched to the purse (this way i can easily remove it, if need to change)
inspired by Kate Spade's straw tote:


12 comments:

  1. Fabulous!! I love what a difference a DIY embellishment makes :)
    xoxo
    Lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what color they are either...but I do know that I like the total look!! Great job and the purse it really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy 345 , when you make it even better, ahhhhhhhhhhhh You are a fairy with gold hands and brilliant ideas, Maya.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about Creme Brulee!?! Love your hat! Well, except for the fact that I can't see your entire beautiful face :( Hope you're doing well!
    Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so good in that hat!!!! Loving your cute new pup too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should totally be on a street style page somewhere! I love the whole look, especially the stripes and the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bag is fabulous, as usual :) And I had a similar hat, but in moss green! I recently had to purge my closet and that hat found another owner, but I enjoyed it for a long time. Looove hats! And love your puppy too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks kind of like marigold?? you look adorable in this outfit. loving the stripes and hat and the burst of color in your shorts.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stripes and color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've made some really good points there. I checked on the web for more info about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this web site.

    My homepage: get ephedrine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hеllo there! Τhis pоst could nοt be wгittеn much better!
    Going through thiѕ post гemindѕ mе of mу previous roommate!
    He cоnstantlу kept ρreаching about thiѕ.
    I most ceгtainly will send this poѕt to him. Pretty sure he wіll hаve
    a veгy gοod read. Thanκ you for ѕhаring!


    Ηere iѕ my web blog - thermogenic

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...