Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

DIY: Vivienne Westwood inspired shoes (hearts, bows and cherries)



i fell in love with these electric blue shoes from Goodwill ($4.99).  they are plastic but very very comfy and reminded me of Vivienne Westwood's Lady Dragon shoes.



using Velcro i attached large heart buttons from Joanns (above).  since i used Velcro i could also attach these beautiful Hobby Lobby sequin bows (below).




...and what should i wear these new shoes with? why, with a crazy bright plaid maxi skirt of course! :)


plaid skirt - Goodwill
blue shoes - Goodwill 
red bows - Hobby Lobby (plus Velcro)

also, i bought these natural espadrille wedges from Ross, removed their bows and ironed on cherries (cherry iron-ons from Hobby Lobby).  i was able to do iron-on because of fabric upper.





these DIYs were inspired by Vivienne Westwood's Lady Dragon cherries, hearts and bows shoes...

click for source here
click for source here

p.s.
sorry for the lack of my own outfit posts.  will explain later.

10 comments:

  1. I love coming to you site and seeing what you make. These plastic shoes are perfect -Vivienne Westwood is my favourite, just saw an exhibition of her clothes in SF ... and the cherry ones are very marc Jacobs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue shoes were a great find for the post, I love how you made the interchangable hearts and bows!!
    The cherry transfers look good, but I still think you should show your first 'cherries' I really liked those too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute. Love those electric blue shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! as my daughter would say lol. I love both pair, but the blue steals my heart. WOW! I bet you could sell those in your Etsy store too. Brilliant as always! :) oh and the model of your DIY sunnies is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOO cute! my favorite are the little heart buttons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I love these! So lucky to find the perfect plastic shoes too!!
    xoxo
    Lia

    ReplyDelete
  7. what cute blue shoes! they're very marc jacobs.

    yes...we were very sad to have to leave charleston. it's kind of our dream place! we'll live there again when we're able- we definitely want to retire there.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I can't believe how cute these shoes are! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am amazed at all the wonderful things you have done with the shoes, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. ME likey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Special thanks to you for these creative design. All the color of the shoe are so nice.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...