Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

DIY: cool accessories


Chanel Metallic Lambskin Ice Cube Clutch from Menx' blog LiveAbsolute
back in December Menx of LiveAbsolute posted a wonderful review of Chanel's clutch with tons of close up pictures.
the photo above (re-posted with author's permission) was very helpful in making of my own version of Chanel Ice Cube clutch.

i spotted my metallic silver quilted clutch (below) at Walmart for $7.00.  fake ice-cubes are from my local  Hobby Lobby (don't forget to print a 40% off coupon from their website before you go buy anything).

 all you need: a guinea-pig clutch, fake ice-cubes, E6000 glue...

... and in no time you have your own version of  Chanel beauty.  this, of course, is from their winter collection, but won't it look particularly cool in the summer as well - cool, get it?!  ;)



i could not stop there and made an ice-cube ring (using JoAnn's adjustable ring) and an ice-box clutch using Erica's tutorial for attaching a door knob, clear container, fake ice-cubes and a clear door knob (all from Hobby Lobby).





p.s.
for the ring i glued an ice-cube to one of the adjustable rings from this post.  
for the ice-box clutch i used "N 5" which is simply a cut-out from black Contact paper (from HomeDepot). 


21 comments:

  1. That is so cool(get it - sorry I had to)!! I love it!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with this!!! Fabulous job!
    xoxo
    Lia

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is Awesome Maya.. Love the Purse!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You aer amazing! Beautiful
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool! Love it! Want it! great job...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo cool! I couldn't help trying to be punny! Tiered earrings could be fun. I hope you're doing well.
    Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg, too fun! loving the ideas here! keep it up!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great job! I absolutely love the ring! That might even inspire me to do one myself ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are sooooooooooooo clever. I love this type of things: making your own magic items.
    I know you are a girl shoes. Everytime I see my gold cat ones I think of you, my dear friend.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible - this clutch is ready for Vegas or Paris, you really are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the clutch. It looks super cool. You are the DIY queen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome smart project.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, your DIY's are getting so cool!! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! Fake ice cubes? Inspired! Great job :D x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to make one of these. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it. I want to make this diy. Where did you buy the box? I can´t find in Madrid somthing lie that.
    caprichos de ana

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH MY GOD!! i want those icecubes so bad!haha
    where do you get them?

    www.flouncesandslashes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...