Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

chicken and dumplings



a few days ago Nina requested chicken and dumplings.  in our household what Princess wants, Princess gets.  Mr. Wonderful and BOTH kids love this dish.

ingredients:
whole chicken (i used Tyson's small Young Chicken)
whole onion - peeled (don't cut or dice)
2x16.3 oz cans Grands! Flaky Layers Buttermilk rolls
15 oz can chicken broth
15 oz can Veg-all (or just a can of English Peas) don't drain
1/2 stick butter
salt and pepper to taste

rinse the chicken and place it in a large pot, completely covering with water.
add whole onion, boil and then simmer until chicken is done.  leave broth in the pot, but discard the onion.
place the chiken in a colander to cool.  then remove skin and bones.
put chicken meat back into the pot, adding 15 oz can of chicken broth, 15 oz can of Veg-all or peas, butter, salt and pepper.  bring it all to boil. then turn to simmer.
add Grands! dough one piece at a time (since i used Flaky Layers- i rounded each piece in a small ball)
cook for about 7 min.

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!!!  do you have a favorite Dr. Seuss book?  i love There's a Wocket in My Pocket!  Nina even has a stuffed Zillow (you know, the one that's on the pillow and always helps her fall asleep?)


Nina's shirt available on my Etsy
she's such a poser!  we can't help it

9 comments:

  1. Your post made me smile as soon as I saw that yummy bowl of soup! I've been sick the past few days (sore throat, congested), so this looks and sounds wonderful! Actually, I love chicken and dumplings even when I'm not sick!
    Come link up Thursday and join me in a happy dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm. Chicken and dumplings.
    Favorite Seuss? I can't pick! Fox in Socks is still pretty popular around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so good! I love this soup - will have to bookmark this recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy. I saved the recipe to try it out.
    Happy B-Day to your daughter. She is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are always so lovely to me. Love your daughter: a true model hehhe.
    XXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. of course like your website however you need to test the spelling on quite a
    few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I
    find it very troublesome to inform the truth however I'll definitely come back again.

    Feel free to visit my web page - San Diego estate planner

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was pretty pleased to uncover this web site. I want to to thank you for your time for
    this fantastic read!! I definitely appreciated every little bit of it
    and I have you saved to fav to look at new stuff on your web site.
    I hope you don't mind, I bookmarked Blogger: Soccer Mom Style at Pinterest so my friends may learn from it also. Could I also share a word of advice. Buying terrific video marketing can also be extremely challenging. I find it most worthwhile to talk with a a Estate Planning Attorneys San Diego. Our crew of San Diego Bankruptcy Lawyers are right here to assist with all of your legal necessities.

    Also visit my web site: Top Probate Attorney San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  8. Admiring the dedication you put into your blog and in depth information you
    offer. It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old
    rehashed information. Wonderful read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm adding your
    RSS feeds to my Google account.

    Stop by my blog post: http://www.gettingschoolready.org/author/VirgieMor

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an incredibly long comment
    but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over
    again. Anyways, just wanted to say superb blog!

    My website - nearest internet

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...