first, Selenite of Lady Selenite blog and Jen of Jen Hemming and Hawing Again blog both awarded me Stylish Blogger Awards. here are seven random things about me:
1. i don't drive a minivan (i wish i did!), nor do my kids play soccer. yet still i'm a typical soccer mom (actually, my daughter is going to play soccer this spring, i'm so excited for her). see soccer mom definition here.
2. i've been married to Mr. Wonderful for almost 12 years now. we have a 7 year old boy and a 5 year old girl. they are just 19 months apart.
3. i studied Accounting and worked as an Accountant before my first was born. but my real passion in life is Art.
4. after my children were born (and especially after my second was born) my chronic facial pain got significantly stronger and more frequent. i started to neglect myself even more than before. basically, i almost stopped taking care of myself: my looks, my emotional needs, etc. all i could really do at that time was keep my children safe, well-fed and clean.
5. now i am trying to decide how to get my life back. in its own small way this blog helps me in caring for myself. and for that i thank you!
6. i am determined that whether i get healthy or not THIS YEAR IS THE YEAR for me!!!! i WILL get my life back and get out of this rut! if my pain does not get any better i will learn how to better cope with it. i am so sick of being sick.
7. i never asked God "Why me?" or said "i don't deserve it". all the theologians and various professors may debate and write books on why bad things happen to good people but it's just a simple fact of life for me. i am not going to let it determine who i am. this disease has already claimed big chunk of my life and i am now ready to fight back.
sorry, my answers were so long. this was all on my heart today.
also, Curvy Everyday has awarded me Your Blog Is Breathtaking award. thank you, Curvy! here are my answers to your questons:
1. what inspires you?
my faith and also kind, strong and determined people around me. i often draw my strength from my parents' exceptional character.
2. what is your favorite season and why?
September is my favorite month, but as far as the whole season goes it would have to be spring. just because it's a symbol of new beginning. each spring i feel as if coming out of hibernation full of hope and new energy. love the weather getting warm (yet not hot!) and all the intricate scents of first flowers and blooming trees.
3. what are you most looking forward to this year?
a lot! as i mentioned in my prior answers, i am determined to make this year MY year, fight back my disease and get my life back.
4. if you could write a book about anything, what would you write about?
i would probably write about Georgia (the country i'm from). the reason i mention Georgia every chance i get (and the reason you're so sick and tired of me talking about it) is the fact that Georgia is a very small country but has a lot to offer. if we, Georgians, don't talk about it there will be no more Georgia. Georgian alphabet and Georgian language are very unique and are not related to any other. Georgian heritage was miraculously preserved despite invasions from Persia, Ottoman Turks, Mongols, Russian Empire (and later was annexed by communists into USSR). it would be a shame if we loose Georgia now. think of it as a hidden jewel: beautiful, precious and still undiscovered.
5. what is your greatest passion?
God and my family naturally come first. i also am passionately in love with Art. i wish i followed my instincts when choosing profession... i hope to teach my own children the importance of doing what you love. please check out my Etsy shop Georgia Blue Boutique. i sell painted shirts and gifts for children.
6. if you could change one thing about your life or yourself what would it be and why?
i would definitely try to be more organized. it's a gift and if you have it you're blessed.
7. what is your favorite novel?
do children's books count??? shamefully i have to admit i am not a reader. however, i am currently reading and loving Anything Can Happen by George Papashvily. it is so good i may have to share my thoughts about it once i actually finish reading it. also, i can say that my favorite American authors are Hawthorne and Hemingway (and of course Twain in my childhood).
pictures below taken last week. stripes and fur look inspired by Daphne of Fashion Confessions of a Mommy. Thank you Daphne!
striped shirt - Target
faux fur vest - Ross (last year)
black maxi skirt - thrifted
black suede booties - Urban Outfitters (old)
gray tights - Walmart
glass ring from Target (old)
thrifted heart necklace
hel-lllo, my name is Cruella!
new red lipstick - CoverGirl's Flame
black and white headband - DIY from old tees