Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

black and white (studded clutch DIY)

white swan clutch gone BAD
first of all, thank you so much for all your comments and get well wishes on my previous post.  i am recovering from wisdom teeth extraction just fine but am not sure this procedure helped my main problem of facial pain.  i guess i should give it couple more days to say for sure.  sorry for even telling you about this deal but we all need a shoulder to cry on sometimes.  thank you for your empathy.
my face is still swollen and i don't feel like posing in front of the camera but i do have some pics to share with you (of some pre-oral surgery projects).
i would like to say this post was inspired by the movie Black Swan, but it would be a lie.  i am not sure if it was the movie or the dinner i ate before...  but about 20 min into it i started getting really queasy and we had to leave.
maybe the inspiration came from a book i read my kids called Rainbow Rob?  Rainbow Rob is a penguin who dreams to be colorful.  But after trials and tribulations Rob comes to realization that black and white is alright and that "being yourself is the way to be".  



so i had this "white swan" clutch from Goodwill for $1 (don't you just love their 50% off days?).  it definitely was lacking a character.  i studded the flap part of the clutch with 1/2" cone studs from studsandspikes.com.
since the area i wanted to stud was too thick i kind of had to butcher up the clutch and gut it out.  black leather tassel was just something i saved and can't even remember where it came from. 






 white swan studded clutch and black and white gloves cut into glovettes

finger puppets made out of old gloves (from above), felt, scrap fabric & yarn; these go with the Rainbow Rob book


 black and white headband made out of old tees (worn here)


 zebra shirt and bows i made for Nina available on my Etsy.  her bear purse is also Goodwill


white genuine leather perforated jacket $10 from Goodwill and faux snake clutch or pencil case???

and here is how black swan/ white swan should be done (by Nina Ananiashvili - the Georgian Goddess of dance):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFJGhQYex-E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh-ds_xxvuA

1/24/2011 edit: 
i have just discovered my studded clutch's alter-ego...  Rebecca Minkoff's Studded Fatale for $350.00!
note the tassel...

11 comments:

  1. Glad to see your post here. Lets hope it's just sore from the surgery, and you'll be feeling much better soon. I'll be thinking of you as you heal.

    I'm so happy to see you have an etsy store. Your daughter is a fashionista in the making, adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets hope once the swelling goes down you start to feel some difference, I have my fingers crossed for you.
    The clutch looks wonderful, and that white jacket is a superb find. Nina makes a very cute stand in for you, lovely zebra shirt.
    Feel better soon, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE that clutch!! I really hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you're handy! Wishing you a good recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great clutch! Going to check out your Etsy shop now . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon! You did an amazing job with the clutch - will have to check out your Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your DIY studded clutch is quite simply amazing! You are a very talented madam :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you do with thrifted purses and some DIY magic!
    More hope that you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Rainbow Rob! I bought that book for one of my friends when she had her first baby and I was a little sad to give it to her, as penguins are my favorite.

    That clutch is fantastic!! Small bags (and who am I kidding, large bags too) are definitely one of my weaknesses, especially at half off Goodwill days. Unfortunately Kentucky Goodwills do not have half off days. I love seeing all the fabulous things you find second hand though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wishing you a speedy recovery...dental surgery is definitely no fun.
    on a lighter note, i see you have been busy...the DIY projects look really great- you are full of neat ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I am coveting that clutch terribly!!
    And I hear you on the wisdom teeth extraction...hope you're feeling better and on the mend by now!!:-D
    I just published my DIY Links of the Week from this past week and featured this & the armor ring you made - incredible!! Check it out (and the other links) here:
    http://www.chic-steals.com/2011/02/diy-links-of-week-3.html

    Take care!
    xoxo
    Carly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...