|my DIY Louboutins|
what you will need:
guinea pig black suede shoes (mine came from Payless last year)
black zipper trim from JoAnns or any other craft store (i bought a yard but really did not use it all)
red acrylic paint from any craft store
Mod-Podge - matte finish
medium brush, hot glue gun, scissors and cigarette lighter
1. measure shoe area you want to embellish. unlike the original i decided to cover heels and the rest of the shoe all the way up. mine was 17 cm (sorry, i often revert to metric as that's what i am used to).
2. then i cut four pieces of zipper trim each measuring 17 cm long.
3. i trimmed the black fabric part of the zipper so it would look neater on my shoes and lightly burned the edges to prevent fraying (step#3 is totally optional)
4. hot glue the above mentioned pieces to your shoes one by one.
5. paint the sole in red in 2-3 layers of acrylic paint and of course let it dry in between the layers (preferably somewhere away from children's curious fingers). i am not patient for masking tape so i did not use it.
6. finally seal the paint job with a layer of Mod-Podge and- behold: my new Louboutins! i decided to stop here. if you prefer you can attach a cute little charm or even a tassel to the top of the zipper trim.