Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

mostly cloudy, partly sunny


ouch, this hurts!  i was trying to fit my shoe in the shot

i am getting ready to answer Kelly's questions for her My Gal/Guy Friday where she asks for no make-up photo.  so that's why no make-up today (actually, i cheated... i have on my indispensable Burt's Bees Lip Balm with pomegranate oil).  

gray tee - Target
gray jacket - Target
denim pants - DKNY from Ross
gray shoes - Franchesca's boutique
yellow and green felt handmade necklace - gift from Georgia
Turkish bag - gift from a Turkish friend (old)
wooden bracelet - my own purchase from Georgia from ages ago with my first paycheck
rings - Target

today i'm wearing all gray with bright pops of color (Georgian felt necklace, Turkish rug bag). 
my parents are back from our home country of Georgia and brought me back this yellow and green felt necklace.  my first though was: how in the world am i supposed wear it?  i love the fact that it's handmade out of felt, but the "beads" are huge!  my smart-aleck husband said they looked like clown noses.  i'm kind of proud of myself for figuring a way to wear this gifted necklace (a way that i actually like that is).  combined with Target gray tee shirt and my Target gray jacket - the necklace looks exotic rather than ridiculous.  would you agree?  any thoughts?
Etsy has lots of gorgeous felt jewelry from all over the world (click on the country to go to seller's Etsy page).


 from Canada

 from Australia

from Belgium

from Greece

12 comments:

  1. Score! You're right: the piece looks really great against all those modern neutrals. Way to rise to the challenge, BBSM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! I love so much large denim!
    http://cafe-boucle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That necklace is sooo much fun!!
    I just finished getting your Fashionable Mamas post ready for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a great job styling this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That necklace is fantastic. You look great without makeup, can't wait to see tomorrow's answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your colourful felt necklace. Soooooooooooo good with the grey outfit.
    Un abrazo my dear friend!!!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, I love your felt necklace! If you are finding it too big, maybe it could also work as a belt?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that beaded necklace! Gorgeous! Looks great with your simple outfit, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This outfit looks SO comfy! Oh, I want to wear it! & I love the bold necklace. The perfect touch. Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks so much for the feature!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! It's interesting collection!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...