Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

utility chic

today, my dad and i took my two kids and three nephews to the Cheekwood Museum to see Imperial Caucasus Faberge Egg.  it was fantastic.  if you are in Nashville, you got to see it.  and the Chihuly glass installations throughout the garden were amazing ($15 non-member adult admission was the only drawback, $8 kids, no charge for children under 5).   surprisingly, kids had fun.
this Faberge Egg called Imperial Caucasus depicts the Imperial hunting lodge in Abastumany, Georgia.


here is a picture i took of one of the Chihuly installations in front of the museum:

knowing that i would have my hands full, i wore gray utility pants from Walmart (check out those handy pockets), gray shirt from ross, target espadrilles with super soft polka dot silk lining, DIY ring and DIY necklace, cat-eys from hot topic.  added a splash of color with red lipstick (maybelline Are You Red-dy) and red nails (sally hansen's All Fired Up).
please ignore my hair, i was sweating profusely (i did style it in the morning but don't know why)...

 

1 comment:

  1. Your subtitle is CLASSIC!!!! I know what you mean. I must have gotten yesterday's outfit from you without realizing it. I'm wearing the vest again so I will link. Maya, you are so awesome!
    Beverly
    p.s. my life is almost back to normal. Thanks for the encouraging comments.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...