Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

knuckle ring DIY

when i saw this star pendant at Joanns - i had to have it.  the metal was bendable and i knew i could make me a knuckle ring out of it.  i love big rings and could not find a knuckle ring in my size
i just borrowed Mr. Wonderful's tin snips and his file and transformed this pendant into a spearhead ring (or a heart ring, if you prefer).

i am saving my amazon points for the real thing though (see the picture of a beautiful saddle ring below).  i also wouldn't mind the butterfly ring:


6 comments:

  1. Wow that's so pretty. I would never have thought of doing that!

    Lydia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this ring is awesome. i love it! definitely something i would wear. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I certainly approve of big rings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love big silver rings! I also never thought to studs pant cuffs, but you pulled it off well. I love silver accessories, of course. Awesomesauce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHA!!! What a weird coincidence, Maya. I hadn't visited your blog in recent days and just did a post about how I'm obsessed with wanting a big cocktail ring but don't want to spend money on buying something new and asked if anyone had any DIY ideas.. then just came to say hi... how amazing. Of course. You had the answer. You're like my DIY guardian angel.

    Now just have to find the perfect silver star ; )

    Thought of you on Thursday: even tho Thanksgiving isn't from your country of origin, I bet you embrace it big time. Did you make it or visit someone else? Hope it was wonderful & you're busy having a lovely weekend. xox

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...