Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

brogue transformation





kids are still gone, so i decided to finish a shoe DIY I stared long time ago.
these boots are from Urban Outfitters ($19.99). they are perforated leather, really soft and comfy. i thought i'd wear them this summer, but it is sooo hot in Tennessee this year. plus i've been wanting some cute brogues that looked feminine. so I cut the boots to shape them like brogues and painted them with bronze paint from JoAnn's. finished off with sanding them for a worn look. the boots came with leather laces but i love these over-sized bows on shoes they wear now. the ribbon for the bows is also from JoAnn's. i love my new shoes. what do you think?


3 comments:

  1. That is absolutely inspired!!! Do you know Shini's blog, Park & Cube? She does great DIY, but I must say, this is amazing.

    I can't wait to see what you'll come up with next. Truly. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course i know shini's blog, but whom are you kidding comparing me to her!!! thank you, though. what an honor :)
    thanks a million for your comment. it made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

    You must visit L's blog,

    Avid Accents,

    and Carly's blog, Chic Steals.

    Both gals host style DIY link parties and your projects are too fabulous not to be shared!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...